Tuesday 1 May 2018

A 24 YEAR OLD STORY...


My story may not be so special to you all. Then also for the every patient person on earth...

As you all know my name is Nayana. I was born in Mumbai to an Keralite parents. My parents are Mr.Subhashan and Geetha Subhashan. My father works for small daily wage. He knows many works such as maintenance, welding, electrical works even he is a better cook. My mother is a house wife. I was born and bought up for 11 years at Mumbai(Maharastra).
My parents and me from my first rice feeding ceremony

That Twist.. 
Due my grandma's request my father shifted  to Kerala and all of the sudden everything changed. Some close people become strangers and vise versa. I joined school nearby. Even though their was difficulty to change that happened. I had to cope up with my studies too due to the change of regional language. Thankfully when I was I'm Mumbai my Amma(Mother) used to teach Malayalam in vacation times. That became a great thing.

Me: The ALIEN..
The most funny yet irritating thing in those times was. I was like alien to the kids of my new school. Just because I don't know fluently (Malayalam) the common language and which I knew (Hindi) they didn't either. I could only make a very few friends. In the starting days some other classes students came and talk to me just because they haven't seen a kid from outside Kerala. Some just ask can they touch me so they can realize they are speaking to an outsider that came from Mumbai. 
The Common Enemies..
A strange thing I get to knew is even if we study or not they would pass us to the next level till 9th. If we could just get through 9th grade we will definitely pass 10th grade. Because 9th is the hardest of all class. So I just played, enjoyed being that alien friend of all. Many ups and down came the way. Anyway God and luck was by my side. I wrote the 10th grade exam and waiting for the result. My whole relatives families were waiting for the result so they could decide what to be done. Some gave hope and some others waiting to strike if I failed. 
All were tensed  as was I because of the my two common enemies: Mathematics and Malayalam. I started to go computer classes because I couldn't bear the pressure. My Amma consoled me that she know I will pass but she was too afraid because I was not confident about the language papers.

My class photo from ninth grade
The Judgement day..
When I was in Mumbai I had to go through the same pressure.I was a kid who got ranked in between the five toppers. That same kid today is praying and waiting just to know that she didn't fail. The very first time I didn't go to see my results because I didn't want to get humiliated. So as usual I when to my computer center and my Amma went to see my results. I called her after the class. She didn't pick up anyway. Thinking of  the worse I took the bus back to home with one hope I just get a heart attack and die on the spot so I don't get mortified in front of my relatives. I reached the bus stop and called Amma from a booth nearby. She took the call and said wait there itself. She will reach soon in an motionless voice. I understood that I failed. I was at the edge of tears. Amma's bus came, she stepped down the bus, handed me the result and said look what have you done.
I opened that piece of paper holding a eye full of tears and the tears fell in that paper. Anyway I passed that Malayalam papers with a B and B+ grades and Mathematics with barely D+. I decided to never look towards these two subjects in my life time for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

A 24 YEAR OLD STORY...

My story may not be so special to you all. Then also for the every patient person on earth... As you all know my name is Nayana...