Monday 7 January 2019

Rose Flower

He bought roses,
Every day he bought roses from me,
When asked, told its for someone special,
Mad in love, teased I...

This went on for a while,
I asked to meet his girlfriend,
Who is so lucky to have him,
But, he didn't return the next day...

This made me curious,
Days passed,
Finally, he came and had a bundle of old roses,
Which he bought for his girlfriend.

He said he was gonna propose,
So, I asked him if his crush didn't know..?
He said this would be his last visit.
adding, if she is gonna reject then he wouldn't need any rose.

So, I encouraged him don't be sad,
she will surely be smitten by him,
he said he too hope so,
Then I wished him luck.

He gave me that bundle of roses,
to fill the bundle with the fresh rose with,
The flower he bought from the day he saw her,
But I wouldn't like to bother to see her...

I tied the bundle and last rose to him,
saying farewell we part,
Two seconds later someone called me by name,
I felt the sound familiar and turned around...

When I turned around,
There he was smiling at me,
My eyes welled as I saw him,
Kneeling to me holding the rose...
My smile replied to his unsaid question...

- NAYANA SUBHASH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

A 24 YEAR OLD STORY...

My story may not be so special to you all. Then also for the every patient person on earth... As you all know my name is Nayana...