Sunday 22 July 2018

Surprise

Surprises, they come mostly in 2 ways. One is happiness and shock. I'm one of that person who remembers from everyone's birthdays to anniversaries just to surprise them. I'm the most excited person even for others special days. I just love birthdays. But I don't know how to express this. Only one year in my life till now I got a surprise birthday gift which I didn't expect till then. It's so sad when you expect something special for your special day and most of the important people in your life doesn't even remember it.
Me and other kids who were born in July in our colony in Mumbai.

So now when I turned 24 yesterday. I thought to write down my little sadness. From a very childhood when I lived in Mumbai birthday parties were like something compulsory party of the year in everyone's life. But when I shifted to Kerala it just turned into a day that you have to go to the temple and make "Payasam" South Indian sweet dish at your home. A big celebration day turned into a very quiet normal day. Even after some time I just felt that I didn't want to celebrate due to this kind of environment. My Mumbai special birthday schedule is like going to school in birthday dress with toffees or gifts to distribute in my classroom. Everyone would sing the birthday song and after class, my family would have a small party which include a small number of neighbours and friends. Those were the great days of my life compared to the last few years.
My first birthday party. Me, My Mother and Poonam Didi
When I shifted to Kerala many things suddenly changed but I didn't think that change included my special day too. So, as I already told that I didn't have that one or two best till college. So, no one was there to gift me a surprise or remember and wish me. I didn't know it could become a big deal until I reached college. In college when everyone gave the surprise cakes to there friends and when no one knew or remembered my birthday. I felt very depressed for the first time.

I even wished that my birthday would have been on summer vacations rather than the rainy season so that I would not have to be this much sad. 
     
My First Birthday
On one birthday I got an unexpected gift on my birthday. Which I won't forget in my life and that gift was a set of earrings. I didn't expect anyone would remember my birthday even my new best friend. She gets missed the dates and forgets. Last year she called me on my birthday. I obviously didn't expect her to call but she called me. We had a good talk and even hangup but seriously she didn't remember to wish me.



I think many people nowadays only remember your birthday just because of social media. Thanks to them everyone at least wishes you even if they don't really chat with you for the whole year. Last year, I tested that thing too. I have turned off my birthday privacy. So I didn't get a wish until it was a late night. After one of my friends posted a happy birthday wish I got a few numbers of wishes but really don't you feel wasted if you too are not on anyone's priority list.
Me, Rohan Dada, Amma And Achan



I do get a birthday cake to cut but that too because I save up money and cakes are favourite. I do go out and buy the cake every year. My parents buy me a dress until now. But I have never have had my that special birthday party which I expected after a time period. Now today even though I'm writing about this that is to let you know that after a long time of expectation I just stopped expecting. Some say it's getting used to being in the situation. Maybe it's something like that. This will be my first birthday where I didn't even babbler about it to anyone.
Uncle, Aunty and Me

Even yesterday one of my best friends remembered me to send a text but the other one didn't even remember even we met face to face he had forgotten about my birthday to wish me so I thought let it be. 

My Parents gifted me a pair of Anklet and Waist Chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

A 24 YEAR OLD STORY...

My story may not be so special to you all. Then also for the every patient person on earth... As you all know my name is Nayana...