Monday 28 May 2018

The Clay Modelling

From my childhood, I had passion towards arts. As a kid, I almost participated in every competition I could join. But it all stopped when I shifted from Mumbai to Kerala. Sometimes you just change as the environment around you change. I was not as confident and became shy in my own ways.

"I liked to express myself but no-one was really that much interested "- I used to think like that but later I realized there was a little politics there too. Because who all participated could cut the classes and practice and if you got the prize you can get marks in the yearly exam. Isn't it cool? But I didn't get a chance to go to any of the school events because I wasn't a bright child enough so I couldn't get to go. teachers always choose the talented children who are good in their studies too. It was not fully their fault. It was because the smart studying could catch the left out classes and notes but they really didn't trust to do the same with others. Anyway, every year I thought anything would change but it didn't. Finally, it changed but unfortunately didn't go as planned. I had to quit after almost I studied this song for a competition. This really broke my heart. That I decided to stop hoping. I completed my 10th grade. I got transferred to another changed school.

Widget apcmwh

Everything is new. As we see in movies a new start. I had stopped thinking about these cultural programs or school competition. Anyway, when the time of these so said competition came. I decided not to participate in singing and dancing. Every kid wants to get elected to participate for next level. I didn't want any hard feelings for anyone. But somewhere deep inside I wanted to be a part of it for at least once in my lifetime. So this time I just came up will a plan why I should complete in an event that every kid in school wants to participate and win then go to next level school competition.

My school had a total of 600 kids in 12 classes altogether. It was a girl's high school. What will be that particular event that not many of them won't participate? Guess what. Clay modelling. This was the only competition I could take part. I registered my name for the event. Soon it was revealed that the clay modelling I thought was with clay but the clay modelling they took my name had to be done with mud. Of course, as everything, this to had to have a twist off its own. It's my life there can't do a thing without a twist. This time it was Mud instead of Clay. I just realized that I got into a big trouble.


But now I can't withdraw my name. I wanted to skip my class badly. I'm in high school. If I cant do this maybe I would not get a chance to cancel the event. So I  decide to go on with the plan. First I found the mud so that I can bunk my class and practice for the event. So everyone was surprised when I left my class to practice. The practice I just wanted some went mud and I just had to make the things that were said. Things like a person, animals anything. I wasn't a bit good at it. Because whenever I added water it always was too much. Anyway, I can bunk the class that was my priority. The days were coming closer.

Competition dayI went to the competition. They told me to make a "Carpenter". I completed my work by two and half hour out of three. Wasted my time by snooping around and didn't wait for the result. Because by snooping around I knew I will never gonna win this. Anyway, I was simply happy that I participated in a competition. First and for the last time as part of my school life in Kerala. 


My Certificate of Clay Modelling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

A 24 YEAR OLD STORY...

My story may not be so special to you all. Then also for the every patient person on earth... As you all know my name is Nayana...