Monday 21 May 2018

The One With The Perfect Girl

Our parents all have that one person to compare you with. I too had that perfect neighbourhood girl who knew all the household work, perfect in studies, silent, obedient. compared to that kid you will of course be a spoiled brat. She lived close to my house. We had just shifted there. I didn't know her name but for sure she was becoming the reason of my loss of peace. Whenever I pass the way near her house. I was so disappointed because she is always working. Either she will be washing clothes or washing dishes, cleaning the surroundings around the house.

Me in 11th grade (2011)
I only knew her name through my Mom's scolding. When through we were neighbors we didn't know each other or talked till three to four year until our tenth class result were to publish. Anyway even if she didn't have more A+ than me, she had a good percentage of mark. I got into high school and I opted computer science due to my fear of cutting cockroach. She got admission in my school in bio-science department. Was can be the worst thing. I hated catching cockroaches and she used to catch these for herself and sometimes for her classmates. So my mom favorite child was her because she wanted a kid like her. Calm and quiet, obedient and does all household chores in this younger age. 
But did you all didn't wonder why she was doing all that work at home. Her mother was hospital staff so she always had to go for work day and night. Since her mom wasn't at home all time my friend had to work at home. Not because she was willing but she had too.. It's kinda sad. 

So one day I decided to give a shock treatment to my dear parents. My mom had to go somewhere and my papa only had half day job. My mom had left home beautiful by 9 and won't be coming until afternoon. So I just started my playlist and to do work which where pending due to my moms busy schedule. The works I had to do was washing a ton of clothes, dry, fold them, wash all the dishes,  clean the house and surrounding, cook curry/side dish for lunch which I do before my papa comes. 

My First Pasta
The moment mom left the house I sorted all the clothes in different sections Sarees,  new clothes, old clothes, fathers, mothers, blankets and bed sheets etc..and put them in Washing machine which isn't automatic at all.  So the time I waited to take these clothes to get washed. I started cleaning up the house and when that finished I cleaned up the dishes. All these work was done except cooking. I went to have a great bath after doing all this work altogether at same day and for very first time..I had to cook the perfect curry even if I'm gonna make it for first time. Of course I sure made great dishes. But I bet I have improved a lot from then. My innocent parents aren't very curious like me. They do like same food, same job, same place. Even in 15 to 16 years of my life. We haven't made a chicken soup on any day. So I'm the one who is so curious about each and every thing. 

Anyway, after that day I did get scolded but not for knowing any job but for not doing it even when I do know the job. On days like that I get know me more. Lonely time is not that much of bad time. Now I know cooking, laundry, cleaning almost perfectly. Parents will always remain parents nor would we change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

A 24 YEAR OLD STORY...

My story may not be so special to you all. Then also for the every patient person on earth... As you all know my name is Nayana...